Friday, February 15, 2008

quick card front


I watched Michael Strong make a lovely card on Crafttvweekly.com today and to keep from forgeting about it, I went to my craft area and did a mock up of his idea.

I didn't have his vase stamp so free - hand cut one and embossed it with an overal design and colored it with ink. I also used black cardstock for the background with green, blue and metalic gold acrylic paint randomly brushed across the surface. When this was dry, I ran it through a crimper and glued it to a previously used greeting card. Next I cut slivers of waste paper and glued them to the back of the vase and glued that to the white mulbury paper shape and glued it to the card too.


I skipped the sanding the background step he used as I felt it wasn't needed.

now I have an any occassion card to send.

No comments: