Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Abigale....

Over the weekend, I had an idea sprout that would lend itself to the creation of what I now call Abigale. My goal was to combine images and shapes that would not normally be found together but would look cohesive once completed. I knew I was going to go with the little girl image...I love her stare...and the house and a diamond shaped grid. From there I set out with a blank 11 x 14 canvas board and began spraying it with browns, oranges, greens, blues and yellows of the color mist sprays created and sold by http://www.outsidethemargins.com/

I did this about 4 times and once dry, sealed it with PMY also sold by the above site. then I used white gesso across the lower 1/3 and let that dry overnight. Meanwhile I printed off photos I had taken of an old farm house and some chickens and some clip art of a topiary and fire hydrant. The next step involved adding the black gesso and trying to give some perspective to the floor area. Once that was dry, I used both chalk and ink to shade the edges of all the images and background where the house photo would go. After all the images were firmly attached to the board, I added more chalk to darken the shadows and then sealed it all again with PMY spray.

No comments: