Monday, September 08, 2008

kitchen ....glitch

The floor and back splash installer called 30 minutes before he was due here to say he would not make it today and tomorrow might be iffy. His helper got injuried Saturday (either a cut arm or hand as the guy told me both stories)...so that put him behind on a job he was to have finished on Saturday. GREAT...not for the injured man....but ....could the guy have called to let me know about this on Saturday instead of right before he was due here? Guess not. Dallas and I emptied out the kitchen yesterday the table, chairs, hutch, dishes, anything on the floor, and disconnected the water lines to the fridge. Of course I also had to empty my counter tops since they will be putting in a black spash....and the halls and entry, and landings had to be cleared of furniture and decoration. so my LR< DR< and spare bedroom look like a garage sale gone bad.... I am trying to laugh...hohoho...but am bummed that it isn't getting underway today...this means if they start tomorrow it won't be finished by the weekend and I will be having yet another week of this mess torn up...cause after they are done, i have to paint the new shoe molding before we can start putting stuff away....

Nothing ever seems to go smoothly when you hire out work...so I am trying to stay patient and focus on how nice it will be when they get it done.....I am just wondering if I will still live here or be in a nursing home by that time...LOL..

on the bright side...washing my kitchen floor was a breeze this morning...didn't have to move anything...

3 comments:

Judy Streger said...

Sorry to read that your kitchen is not progressing as quickly as you would have liked. It's awful to have to rely on contractors and then have them disappoint you.
On a happier note, I guess Dallas is quite the romantic, isn't he? Roses for your 32nd anniversary sound perfectly divine.
Judy

Joanne Huffman said...

Belated Happy Anniversary. Sorry about the work not getting done on time; but then, I've never heard of contract work being done on time.

Joanne

Kat said...

Looks like your kitchen is going to be beautiful. I have roosters all over my kitchen. I guess I'm hard to buy for and so when I decided to have roosters in my kitchen everyone bought me one. Now I'd like to get rid of some but since they are gifts from family and friends its hard to do that. LOL

Kat